St. Louis trial lawyers protecting our community in Missouri and Illinois defective product cases...
- A car accident in St. Louis would have caused only minor injuries, but the poorly designed vehicle catches fire, causing the occupant's death
- A Florissant child's foot is caught and damaged in a faulty escalator.
- A manufacturing defect in a motorcycle helmet causes it to crack open on impact on Highway 141.
These are examples of possible product defects that could cause harm or injury to consumers. If a product fails to perform properly and causes an injury or death, the consumer or user has the legal right to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. A product liability lawyer can determine who is liable for these damages and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Bollwerk & Tatlow is a centrally located St. Louis law firm that handles product liability cases across Missouri and Illinois. The attorneys at Bollwerk & Tatlow have the experience and resources to go to trial against the biggest designers, manufacturers, and retailers.
Why should you take your case to court?
A defective product is basically a breach of trust. The public has the right to expect that the products we buy and use are safe and fully tested. If you have been injured or your family has been endangered by a defective product, you need to share your story before it happens to someone else. Products are not recalled until someone brings attention to a safety problem, and it often takes more than one warning sign or accident before a defective product is taken off the market.
A defective product can be anything you buy or use that causes injury or death due to a defect or improper safety warning. Examples include:
- SUV and light truck rollovers
- Seat belt performance failure
- A defective medical device
- A pacemaker or a stent that fails to work properly
- Malfunctioning elevators and escalators
- Defective cribs, playpens, or bassinets for babies and toddlers
- Dangerous toys
Product defects can occur at any stage of production.
- Design: A flaw in the design of a product may make it inherently dangerous.
- Manufacture: Shoddy manufacturing processes, cut corners, or manufacturing mistakes may cause safety risks.
- Marketing: A product may lack important warning labels or information about safe usage.
Stay informed: The Consumer Products Safety Commission lists recalls and product safety updates.
At Bollwerk & Tatlow, we care about our community. Attorneys Jill S. Bollwerk, Phil Tatlow, and J. Thomas Mihalczo are tough but compassionate and proud to protect and assist injury victims.
The trial lawyers at Bollwerk and Tatlow are sensitive to the needs of our growing immigrant communities and will make you feel at home. If English is your second language, we will take to time to ensure that you clearly understand every letter and document related to your case.
If a defective or dangerous product caused harm to you or your family in Missouri or Illinois...
Please call Bollwerk & Tatlow at 314-315-8111 (toll free at 877-315-8111) or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Bollwerk & Tatlow, LLC is located in St. Louis, Missouri and serves all of Missouri and Illinois including the following counties, cities, and towns:
St. Louis. St. Louis County: Clayton, Chesterfield, Kirkwood, Florissant, Oakville, University City, Mehlville, Wildwood, Ballwin, Affton, Maryland Heights, Hazelwood, Webster Groves, Brentwood, Lemay, Bellefontaine Neighbors, Manchester, Town and Country, Ferguson, Glendale, Creve Coeur, Maplewood, Bridgeton, Ladue, Jennings, Saint Ann. Jefferson County: Arnold, Festus, Murphy, Barnhart, De Soto, Fenton, Byrnes Mill. St. Charles County: O'Fallon, St. Charles, St. Peters, Wentzville, Lake St. Louis, Weldon Spring. Franklin County: Washington, Union, Sullivan, Pacific, Saint Clair. Warren County: Warrenton, Wright City. Lincoln County: Troy, Elsberry, Moscow Mills. Boone County: Columbia. Southern Illinois.