Posted on May 25, 2011

May 20, 2011 - Drunk driving accidents are one of the primary examples of how another person's negligence can impact even the safest drivers on the road.

Kansas City lawmakers in Missouri are debating whether to require an interlock device after a driver is caught driving drunk in Missouri.

An interlock device is a piece of equipment that measures someone's blood alcohol content. Dirvers hook up the interlock device in their car and blow while humming into the device to measure their level of intoxication. Anytime drivers are preparing to operate a vehicle, they will perform this action and if they blow over the legal blood alcohol content, their vehicle won't start.

The Kansas City law already places the requirement of an interlock device to a driver who's on his/her second offense of drunk driving in Missouri. However, lawmakers are in negotiation of requiring first time offenders to have the interlock device in hopes of saving lives on the road.

According to the Bureau of Transportation, in 2009, there were 12,744 fatal car accidents in the U.S. that involved alcohol. 

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Missouri car accident, you may be able to receive compensation. A St. Louis car accident attorney can help you to determine whether you're eligible to file a personal injury claim. Your St. Louis car accident attorney understands you shouldn't suffer from someone else's negligence and will help fight your case to pursue the compensation you deserve.

Contacting a St. Louis
Car Accident Attorney 

When an injury has a profound impact on your life, you may choose to seek compensation through a Missouri personal injury claim. With a St. Louis car accident attorney on your side, you can feel confident knowing your case is in good hands, while you focus on your recovery and getting your life back on track. To get started with determining if you have a viable case, contact the Missouri personal injury team at Bollwerk & Tatlow, LLC - 314-315-8111, or toll-free at 1-877-315-8111.