When you've been in a car accident in St. Louis, you should take note of some things you should and shouldn't do in order to help you while filing a personal injury claim with a Missouri personal injury attorney.
Dos After Your Car Accident in St. Louis
After your car accident, these 7 do's will be helpful when you speak with your Missouri personal injury attorney and pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
- DO remove your vehicle from traffic - After your car accident in St. Louis, if your vehicle is blocking the way for other drivers on the road, move your vehicle if you are capable of doing so.
- DO seek medical attention - If you sustain serious injuries after your car accident, you should seek medical attention immediately.
- DO stay at the scene - Stay calm and collected at the scene of your car accident. You'll be fined if you flee and you may not be able to receive compensation for your injuries.
- DO gather contact information - Write down contact information of everyone who's involved in your car accident. This includes other drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- DO call the police/911 - After a serious car accident, you should call the police to file an accident report and request a copy.
- DO collect evidence - It's very helpful to take pictures of your injuries, property damage, and the scene of your auto accident. You should also write notes regarding your car accident that you may not be able to document through a picture.
- DO contact a Missouri personal injury attorney - Your Missouri personal injury attorney may be able to help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve after your car accident.
After your car accident in St. Louis, consider contacting a Missouri personal injury attorney who can help you in your pursuit of compensation to address your injuries.
Continue to Next Page >>