Elder abuse in Missouri that qualifies for nursing home litigation does not only apply to physical abuse or trauma. Especially since the elderly may be incapable of caring for themselves and performing certain tasks that are vital to living, elder abuse comes in all forms from physical abuse to financial exploitation.
Forms of Elder Abuse in Missouri
There are various forms of elder abuse which may occur in a nursing home:
- Physical abuse - the act of physically harming someone. May include signs of bruises, broken bones, joint dislocation, etc.
- Sexual abuse - the act of performing unwanted sexual behaviors on someone. May include inappropriate grabbing, touching, or feeling around sex organs and intercourse.
- Verbal abuse - the act of aggressive communication. May include engagement in raised voices, vulgar language, threats, etc.
- Neglect - the act of ignoring or not caring of someone's health and well-being. Examples may include failing to keep watch on someone who is known to wander or has unpredictable health issues, failing to assist in feeding, hygiene, group gatherings, etc.
- Financial exploitation - the act of taking over someone's possessions. May include money, jewelry, property, etc.
Elder abuse in Missouri can lead to serious injuries and may even lead to death. An elderly man or woman may suffer physical injuries and emotional injuries if accompanied by a nursing home or a professional caretaker who is committing any form of elder abuse.
You or your loved one should not have to suffer elder abuse because you are incapable of performing life activities and require assistance from a nursing home or a professional caretaker. A St. Louis elder abuse attorney can offer a free consultation on your case to see if you are eligible for nursing home litigation in Missouri. Your St. Louis elder abuse attorney is sympathetic to you and your loved ones needs and is familiar with the consequences of elder abuse in Missouri.
Contacting a St. Louis Elder Abuse Attorney to Protect Your Rights
If you or your loved one has been affected by elder abuse, it's important that you seek legal guidance from a St. Louis elder abuse attorney who understands the intricacies of these very complex cases. The Missouri elder abuse attorney team at Bollwerk & Tatlow, LLC will help fight your case. Contact us today - 314-315-8111.