What to Do When Dealing with Insurance Companies
After you've been in a serious accident, there are a few things to keep in mind while speaking with your defendant's insurance company or even your own insurance company.
- Jot down significant information such as names and contact information.
- Don't accept approval for the insurance company to obtain your medical records.
- Don't over-express the details of your accident and/or injuries.
- Don't accept a settlement offer before speaking with a St. Charles personal injury lawyer.
- Don't give in to the insurance adjuster's kindness.
Insurance adjusters are hired to look out for the insurance company's best interests. They're trained to manipulate you into providing more information about your accident and injuries so they can twist it around and use it against you. Your insurance company doesn't want to hand you money, so they look for ways to devalue your Missouri personal injury claim.
If you're seriously injured after an accident, you can't afford the chance of settling for an offer that's way below what you need and deserve. Your best bet is to speak with a St. Charles personal injury lawyer who has dealt with insurance companies before and knows how to fight for your legal rights in a Missouri personal injury claim.
Contact a St. Charles Personal Injury Lawyer
When an injury has a profound impact on your life, you may choose to seek compensation through a Missouri personal injury claim. With a lawyer on your side, you can feel confident knowing your case is in good hands, while you focus on your recovery and getting your life back on track. To get started with determining is you have a viable case, contact the Missouri personal injury team at Bollwerk & Tatlow, LLC - 1-314-315-8111.