In Missouri, contact your own insurance carrier and tell them that you were involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, and they will open a claim under your own insurance for uninsured motorist coverage.  If you have Missouri automobile insurance, then you have uninsured motorist coverage.  This type of coverage compensates you for your injuries when the other party is uninsured.  Please keep in mind that uninsured motorist coverage typically only covers bodily injury damages, and not property or vehicle damage.  If you have collision coverage, then that coverage will pay for your auto damage.  If you do not have collision coverage but rather, have liabilty only coverage, you may not be fully compensated for your property damage.  If you need help with a missouri automobile accident and the other driver is an uninsured motorist, call us at Bollwerk & Tatlow.  314-315-8111.