ERISA helps Missouri workers protect the following aspects of their retirement income security in Missouri:
- It requires the plan managers to provide periodic updates about their plan benefits and status;
- It sets minimum standards for plan vesting, participation, benefit accrual, and plan funding;
- It enforces the accountability of plan fiduciaries;
- It gives plan participants the right to sue for benefits and breach of fiduciary duty; and
- It guarantees payment of certain benefits if the plan is terminated.
Filing a lawsuit in regards to an ERISA violation can be difficult. There are some lawyers who specialize in this law, so you should seek a St. Louis ERISA lawyer when you are in need of legal advice regarding your retirement income security in Missouri.
A St. Louis ERISA lawyer will know the full reach of the ERISA laws and how they may impact your claim for your retirement income security in Missouri. There are many reasons you may need a St. Louis ERISA lawyer, including denial of benefits, breaches of fiduciary duty, denial of information regarding your plan, and discrepancies in plan documentation.
ERISA law is one of the more complex areas of employment and benefit law and most Missouri workers are not prepared to handle a claim for their retirement income security in Missouri. You owe it to yourself and your beneficiaries to hire an experienced St. Louis ERISA lawyer to fight for the benefits you have worked hard to earn.
Contacting a St. Louis ERISA Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
If your ERISA-controlled disability benefits, life insurance or accidental death benefits have been unfairly denied it's important that you seek legal guidance from a St. Louis ERISA attorney who understands the intricacies of these very complex cases. The Missouri ERISA attorney team at Bollwerk & Tatlow, LLC fights for Missouri workers. Contact us today - 314-315-8111.