Jill Bollwerk graduated in the top 5% of her class with a degree in Broadcast Communications from Southern Illinois University - Carbondale in 1987. She earned her law degree from St. Louis University School of Law in 1991.
Jill is admitted to practice before all Missouri and Illinois state courts, the Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern District, the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Missouri and the Southern District of Illinois, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Ms. Bollwerk began her law career representing injured individuals in automobile and premises liability litigation, workers' compensation matters and in Social Security Disability appeals for two prominent St. Louis plaintiff's firms. She also spent a brief period of time working as a trial attorney for a major insurance company. After 10 years of practice, she started her own firm, "Jill S. Bollwerk, LLC," wherein she dedicated her career to representing injured individuals. In 2009, Phil Tatlow joined the firm and it evolved to "Bollwerk & Tatlow, LLC."
Jill has been trying cases before various tribunals for the last 25 years. She has handled countless jury trials, bench trials, workers' compensation hearings, and Social Security hearings, and she has briefed and argued many appeals before both state and federal courts as well as before the Missouri Labor & Industrial Relations Commission.
Her legal memberships include the Missouri Bar, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (co-chair, Emergency Response Team), The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA), the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, the Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group, and the Lawyers Association of Metropolitan St. Louis. Jill has volunteered her time with various programs sponsored by The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis and MATA. Jill has received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell law directory, which is the highest given by that organization.
Jill makes it her top priority to keep her clients well-informed. She knows how difficult the legal process can be for her clients, so she strives to return phone calls and emails as quickly as possible. Jill also believes that the key to success is working harder than her opponent.
A lifelong resident of St. Louis, Ms. Bollwerk resides with her husband in South St. Louis County. She has two grown children of whom she is very proud, but she sure misses her years serving as a Scout leader and coach for several of her children's sports teams. She enjoys golf, yoga, dogs, theatre and great music.
- Areas of Practice:
- 45% Workers' Compensation Law
- 40% Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- 5% Premises Liability
- 5% Social Security -- Disability
- 5% Appellate Practice
- Bar Admissions:
- Missouri, 1991
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1993
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St Louis, Missouri, 1991
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, USA, 1987
- Published Works:
- "Litigating the Claim" The First Step and "The Hearing" - Workers' Compensation Hearings in Missouri, NBI, Inc., 2000
- "Litigating the Claim" The First Step and "The Hearing" - Workers' Compensation Hearings in Missouri, NBI Inc., 2001
- 3 Chapters of "How to Start Your Own Solo Practice", NBI, Inc., 2007
- "Subrogation Issues and Procedures", NBI, Inc., 2012
- "Selecting the Right Jury for Your Case," NBI, Inc. 2012
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Member (Co-chair, Emergency Response Team)
- American Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group