There may be more than one party liable for your injuries when you have been hurt by a defective product. You should familiarize yourself with all the parties that may be at fault for your injuries when you file a Missouri defective product claim. Contact a Missouri personal injury lawyer to help you determine who may be liable for your injuries in your Missouri defective product claim.
Potential Parties Liable in Your Missouri Defective Product Claim
Parties that could be held accountable include the:
- Manufacturer - The manufacturer may be the primary one responsible for your injuries from your defective product. If a product has a defect, then a manufacturer must send out a product recall and resolve the problem.
- Retailer - Even though the retailer may have nothing to do with the development of your defective product, a retailer may be partially to blame for putting it on the shelves to sell.
- Designers - If there is a design defect in the product that caused your injuries, the designers of the product may be liable.
- Engineers - If there is a technical or mechanical defect in the product that caused your injuries, an engineer may be held partially accountable.
- Distributors - Distributors act as middlemen between manufacturers and retailers by distributing products from manufacturers to retail stores. Considering they play a part in the line of getting the product to consumers and customers, they may also be liable for your injuries from your defective product.
Considering a Missouri defective product claim can involve multiple parties. It can be complex and frustrating to deal with, especially if you are recovering from your injuries and the financial and emotional burdens that come with your injuries. Contact a Missouri personal injury lawyer to help you put together and fight for your Missouri defective product claim by calling 1-877-315-8111.
Continue to Next Page >>